mandag den 16. juli 2012

Vichy Normaderm

I figure a good way to properly introduce ourselves to this blog is by continuing to share some of the things we love (like we did with beauty gurus last week).
So... I want to talk a bit about a brand I really like...
Vichy is a pharmacy brand which, in Denmark at least, is pretty affordable. Not cheap, but affordable. I believe it's available in many parts of the world but most popular in Europe. Vichy is one of those "thermal water" brands like Avene and La Roche-Posay, and I do find those three comparable and I enjoy them all.

From Vichy I mostly use the Normaderm product line which also contains these products:



This first one is one of those so-called "micellar" liquids. Even though it seems to me that many cleansers are "micellar" (at least many water-based ones) and so I don't quite understand what's special about this, I still really like this cleanser. Now, it's not the kind of cleanser that will remove everything from your face in one wipe. So if you're wearing a full party face of theater makeup, you might want to use something else. However, this cleanser is very mild and I find it feels great on my skin, which is why I like it. It doesn't dry out the skin or sting if it gets to close to the eyes. So for lighter cleansing, I definitely recommend the 'Micellar Solution'.


The next product is a toner. It contains 0,5% salicylic acid plus other ingredients that are supposed to help against acne and redness. If your skin is very sensitive I do not recommend this. The main ingredient is alcohol which makes it a pretty harsh toner, and it can dry out your skin. So remember to moisturize properly. I really like it on my skin though and I will indeed be repurchasing this '3-in-1 Unclogging Purifying Toner'.



Speaking of moisturizing...
This next one is my favorite. The 'Triple Action Anti-Acne Hydrating Lotion' is wonderful!
It contains both alpha hydroxy (glycolic) and beta hydroxy (salicylic and also a lipo-hydroxy) acids, all with the purpose of treating blackheads and blemishes. The formula is light and oil-free and it feels absolutely great. It claims to mattify too, though I don't find it very effective in that aspect. So if that is your main concern, you might be better off with something else.
But I really love this moisturizer, and it is definitely one of the best oil-free formulas I've tried!
This is also allergy tested on sensitive skin, and free of parabens, in case those are concerns of yours.


In general I really like the Normaderm line from Vichy and I definitely recommend trying it.



- Nicci

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar